I am very good with analogies and practical examples. I have a passion for teaching and I strive to pass the interest and insight to my students. As a student who use advanced mathematics in daily life, I have a good intuitive understanding of mathematics and good experience in teaching math to students from basic to advanced levels.
I start a new lesson with an analogy, to make the student grasp the concept. Then I proceed by providing simple numerical examples and counterexamples, to avoid forming any misconceptions or ambiguity. Then I start introducing mathematical definitions and theorems, break them bit by bit and show how they relate to the analogy. This way, the student easily understands complex concepts by relating it to something fairly obvious and hence following the logical process.
* Currently tutoring mathematics to a student in gifted programme in Australia and to another student in Sri Lanka who would sit for A/L exams next year.
* Chief resource person (Main Teacher) for Basic Robotics workshops conducted by our University for 160 students from 20 schools around the country.
* Facilitator (teacher) for Mathematics workshops in underprivileged schools around the country.
* Undergraduate (BSc in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering) in University of Moratuwa (highest ranked university in Sri Lanka) with CGPA 3.85 (of 4.2)
* Ranked with z = 2.4511 above 99.95% students who sat for the highly competitive nationwide GCE A/L exams (for university entrance) on Pure & Applied Maths, Physics, Chemistry
* Teaching basic robotics and mathematics to schools of rural areas 
* Volunteered for 6 weeks in Vietnam with an international team to raise awareness against harassment and human trafficking. 
* Volunteered with an international team to provide wiring and electricity for 8 underprivileged houses 
* Sci Fi - Arthur C Clarke, Issac Asimov
* Historical Fiction - Ken Follett
* Other - Khaled Hosseini
TV Series & Movies
* House MD, Black Mirror
Here are what some people who used Abarajithan Gnaneswaran said about their experiences. Their average rating across all categories is /5.
Contact Abarajithan Gnaneswaran
Hours of Availability
Abarajithan is normally available during the following hours. To find out their exact availability for a given day just use the contact form to ask them.
- Monday: 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
- Tuesday: 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
- Wednesday: 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
- Thursday: No Availability
- Friday: 6:00 PM to 11:59 PM
- Saturday: 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
- Sunday: 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM
Note: Before contacting this person make sure you make sure that you keep in mind the different timezones. The hours of availability of this person are listed based on their own timezone of (GMT +5:30) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, New Delhi, Sri Lanka.